Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Medicity

Dan is taking an enterprise class this next quarter, which means he works on a project for a real company! Once he signed up for the class he had to let the people in charge know his preference for the teams. One team is off campus and the other three are on that Dan was interested in. Some of the other teams (I don't know if these are any of the ones that interested Dan) but they included Ebay, IBM, Fidelity, Mobitech, etc.

We had a long talk about what the options were and Dan really wanted to do the off campus enterprise team with a company called Medicity. I was a little (or a lotta) nervous about it because it meant he would have to leave campus, meaning MORE driving in the snow that usual. I already have to talk myself off a ledge with him driving 30 miles just to school.

Anyway Dan thought that I said "no" to the Medicity team so he emailed them back and told them he couldn't do that team. Later that night according to him (I think it was the same time we were having the first conversation) I told him that I wanted him to do it because I know how much it means to him and that it will be a good opportunity. I had no idea that he had already emailed them in and said no to it. He quickly emailed them again and told them that he wanted that as his first choice. I found this out a few days later.

Today Dan called me to let me know that he did indeed get on the Medicity team! I will have to figure out how to deal with the snow issue but we will be okay! I love him and am so excited for him! We both will have fun adventures next semester, him at Medicity and me at the Health Department!

Plus I am excited that Dan will be working on this project for a medical company! So fun!

No comments: