Sunday, December 14, 2008

Daniel's Amazing!

I am so proud of my sweet husband! After years of Dan's parents hoping that he would become an Elder, he became one today! I feel like Dan and I have been waiting a while for this as well and am so happy that Dan did it at the right time for him! It was so nice to see how much support we have in our ward. I honestly believe that we were supposed to live in this ward. We have felt so welcomed and loved. Our Bishop has been such a blessing and help to us. We have a wonderful calling and we are surrounded by such good people. I am visiting teaching companions with the Relief Society President and she is so encouraging to me and teaches me so much. Dan is lucky to have the Second Counselor of the Bishopric as a home teaching companion. I really know that we have been blessed to be a part of this ward!

It was also so wonderful that Dan's Dad was able to do his ordination today. I am really happy that Dan's parents were able to be there and be a part of it because I know this is something they waited a long time for. I know they really wanted Dan to serve a mission but it is wonderful to know they support us in everything we do. It was also neat to talk to Dan's Dad afterwards and find out more about who gave him the priesthood. Dan received it through his Dad, who received it from a Stake Patriarch (I need to find out his name), who received it from President Joseph Fielding Smith, who received it from Brigham Young, who received it from Joseph Smith!

Anyway to say the least I am proud of Dan. I am excited to go to the temple and receive our endowments and look forward to being able to go back as often as we can and I cannot wait for the day (in June hopefully) that we are sealed as a family for time and all eternity! We have both made our own mistakes but doing this together and getting sealed is one thing I can say is a huge blessing to us. It has taken us a little longer than others to get where we need to be but we are happy none the less.

1 comment:

Clarissa B. said...

that is so exciting!! congrats! I am so happy for Dan (and you!) You are so lucky to be in such a great ward that loves you!