Thursday, December 4, 2008

Live and Learn

Something I have learned over the last 5 months is the fact that I know less than I thought I did. Go figure. I have learned over the last 10 months that I know a lot less about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I have had an interesting journey over the last years with the Church and have learned a great deal from the "journey" I have been on.

We have been preparing to go to the temple since February and it will have been almost a year and a half since we decided to go when we get to go!

We have been taking a Temple Preparation course from a fantastic couple in our ward and really enjoy meeting with them. We currently are getting ready for Dan to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood (possibly this Sunday!) I thought that we would just pick a Sunday and that would be it. I didn't realize that Dan would have to have multiple interviews and some counsel would have to approve it. I feel like I don't know enough about the Priesthood. I read this article and helped me feel better. What Every Elder Should Know - As Well As Every Sister!

Anyway I am so proud of my sweet husband for the steps he has made!

3 comments:

MommaChelle said...

wow congratulations!! that is so awesome for you guys. theres nothing better than being sealed to your sweetie FOREVER!

The Hunsaker Bunch said...

Brit- I'm so proud and happy for you guys! You are an amazing lady, I hope you know that:o) & I love ya!!! You'll have to let me know when you know a date when you guys go through! That will be an exciting day!

Dave & Aimee said...

Congrats to Dan, that is so great! Keep working towards that temple date too, it's awesome :)