Sunday, December 28, 2008

6 Months of Marriage

In the last 6 months....
  1. I have learned that I can be hard to live with
  2. I have earned straight A's in school
  3. I have learned that I prefer doing laundry but don't prefer putting it away and that Dan likes things cleaner than I do
  4. I have started going to church every Sunday
  5. I have learned that I can actually sleep without a TV or Movie on
  6. I have learned that I don't cook or clean nearly as much as I thought I would once I got married
  7. I have lost weight
  8. I have paid all our bills and keep us on budget (even if that budget is sometimes bigger than it should be!)
  9. I have been trying to keep an open mind about living in snow (its a battle)
  10. I have never been so happy or grateful to have someone to experience everything with!
The past 6 months have gone by so fast, but so has the past year and a half. And I anticipate that next 6 days, months and years will fly by as well. We bought an ornament this Christmas that said "Our first Christmas together" and I told my mom... we will never have another first Christmas together so might as well celebrate it.

This is something I have realized, there are a lot of first, especially in the first year of marriage. Some first are amazing, others not so much. We learn from each first and can try and celebrate all the fun along the way.

I love this photo because its back before we ever knew we were going to be married. It was back when we were just starting to get to know each other. How little do we know that some small decisions will change our lives in such great and lasting ways.