Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Update


I feel like I haven't written in a while.

Updates on us all:

AVA:
School is going great!

We are still waiting to start ABA therapy for Ava. She is doing really well but there are some days that she has a really hard time. Poor cousin Asher is the recipient of many of her hard times. We are hoping the therapist can come out and help us some figure out what to do. She loves Asher and will tell you that but its like she goes into survival mode if he gets within 5 feet of her.

She seems to be speaking more but when I'm around other kids her age or younger I have to remind myself not to compare her to them. It always surprises me how much other kids can talk and communicate.

DAN: 

Dan turned 27 last month :) He had a good birthday. He has a few new things to play with so that's been fun for him. He has been working really late at work. Its been kinda hard on me and Ava but we will survive. He's doing a great job at work! He is already planning his May trip to the INDY 500 :) he loves going there every year with my dad and brothers.

ME: 

I've been struggling the last few weeks with some health issues and pain. Its made life a little harder and work slower but I am coming around I think. Work is busy and I enjoy it, I'm sewing every day (and my house definitely shows it). I think I need to get out of the house more (and get a bigger office)!

Its been 3 months since the doctor first told us Ava has Autism. I spend a great deal of time every day (mostly in the middle of the night) reading and trying to find new things to help. Its very much on my mind everyday.  I think some friends haven't known how to respond to the news of Ava's Autism or just haven't said anything. For anyone reading this, it is very much okay to talk to me about it. It really is okay :)




No comments: