Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Spring cleaning this year was inspired by the fact that A) My Mom is coming on Friday B) We are trying to sell our apartment and C) (most importantly) It would make Dan sooooooo happy!

It took me 5 hours to clean less than 500 square feet! I did everything from dusting to vacuuming to massive overhauls on the junk that was in the apartment. I actually found a home for every little thing that has been hanging out in the open. The bookshelf was the biggest project and I couldn't be happier that I finally did it! I actually feel like we could have people over without stressing out!The whole time I cleaned I kept thinking about how happy Dan would be when he got home. I wanted to tell him what I was doing but I knew it would be more fun to surprise him (the state of our apartment has been pretty dismal after my 20 credit hour semester and working on top of that!) Today was the perfect day to clean after finishing my last final!

Dan was so excited when he got home. I almost started crying, it was so fun to do this for him and make him so happy! I definitely need to work on being neater, but with Dan so happy, I want to do this for him more often (especially now that this semester is OVER!)

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Nice blog! I like it!Congragulations on your wedding!

-Hannah

La Esposa said...

The picture of your casita looks so cute miss Brittany! I love how cozy it looks. I just finished my last final yesterday so I CAN'T wait to CLEAN! lol.

p.s-What time will your endowment be this Saturday? HOW EXCITING FOR YOU 2!

Brittany Calkins said...

Its at 2pm, Sister Engelhardt emailed me to say the session is over booked! I guess there are a bunch of people getting their endowments the same time! We are sooooo excited thou!

Clarissa B. said...

it looks so beautiful! i love your furniture to! and im so so happy for you guys in the temple! congrats and good luck!