Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ava Allison Calkins

Monday March 15th 2010
1:06pm
7lbs 9oz
19 1/2 inches
53rd percentile in both length and weight

We are so in love, words can't even explain how much we love our baby girl. I still can't believe she is really here. Its been a crazy week but everyday gets easier and I am hoping that recovery keeps going well.

The c-section went great. It was a very out of body experience and I am thankful for a great team of doctors and nurses that had good humor and kept me sane. I was surprised that I stayed as calm as I did while getting prepped and when they started. I was very nervous but none of it felt real. I couldn't believe how quickly it all happened once we got into the OR.

Our nurse was amazing and she made everything a good experience and I was able to look to her when I needed help. She told me before we went in that it would be even better if I tried to stay calm so that I could hear Ava's first cry. I did the best I could do and was so excited when I heard her cry! I got to stare upside down at them as they got her cleaned up, Dan was able to take pictures and I just cried.

Anyway its been quite a week, it has been far from easy and one of the hardest experiences of my life and I think its going to be some time before I feel 100% again, but we are so blessed to have our sweet baby girl. I couldn't have asked for a more precious baby.

8 comments:

Kara Lyn said...

Your little girl is so beautiful!! This is so exciting for your family. I am so happy for you!! Congratulations!!!!!

Jeanine said...

Aww Brittany, I am so so happy for you!! She looks so precious!

Kyle said...

she is as adorable as they come!! congrats, hope adjusting to life with a new born is going ok! glad shes finally here!
-Michelle

Cat and Blake Potter said...

oh she is just beautiful!!! Congrats to you and your family of three!!!

La Esposa said...

Brittany. She is absolutely beautiful!! Her little sleeping picture is just Prec.ious. I'm SOOO GLAD to see you are doing well and Kyle and I are just so happy for you guys!! I can't wait for more pictures. Congratulations my love, really really.

alyssa said...

Congratulations!! I hope you're healing well... I can't even imagine how long it must take to heal from all of that. You're doing great!

Julie said...

Beautiful! I am so happy for you both :) And excited to see your etsy shop :)

Sue Z said...

She is SO beautiful ... what a blessing!