Friday, April 24, 2009

Graduation

I was so happy to finally walk at graduation! I was surprised to see my name in the program, because they had told me that August graduates would not be listed, but they listed us in our own spot!!! I have heard so many stories this past few weeks about people only having 1 or 2 more classes to finish and not finishing! I am too determined not to finish, hopefully I will feel like a real graduate once I finish my 2 online classes!!!

Graduation day was so much fun. We picked up my Mom from the airport and went straight to get french toast from Kneaders! After that we got ready and went to take pictures at the duck pond on campus with my Mom and Dan. When we were leaving the pond, a man driving a tractor pulled over. I was confused for a moment and then realized it was our wonderful bishop, Bishop Engelhardt!!! It was so fun to see him and introduce him to my Mom!

We then got an amazing parking spot right near the Smith Field House and grabbed a Jamba Juice before the ceremony! We got there right when the School of Engineering was getting out so we got great seats that happened to be right behind our dear friends, the Shakespaeres! Dan had fun playing with Manix during Graduation!

Graduation was long but fun. There were 4 people from our BYU ward that were graduating, Emily Dixon, Dujuan Shakespaere, Allen Christensen and I. There were also 4 people from my home ward that were graduating, Sean Sitton, Josh Holm, Taryn Salmon and I. It was great.

After graduation we went to PF Changs and had delicous food and then we all crashed at the Calkins!

Tomorrow we are going through the Temple and I am soooo beyond excited!!!

4 comments:

Sue Z said...

Congratulations!!!!

Renae said...

Congratulations Brittany!

steve + brindy arnett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie and JD said...

Congrats!! Graduating is a great feeling! And you will definitely finish! :)