Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm 23!

Yesterday was my birthday, but it feels like we have been celebrating for days. On Friday night the Calkins had a fun little party for me in Orem! It was so thoughtful and I appreciate Dan's family so much!

Yesterday I spent most of the day with Tiny while Dan was at work. Dan took me to lunch and dinner, I am spoiled, I know. Tiny gave me a good birthday present though last night, he slept the whole night in his kennel without crying and didn't wake up until 6:30!!! Good puppy!!!

Today I celebrated with my family by going to dinner and having the cake Dan made me. Dan asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and all I wanted was a cake that was NOT CHOCOLATE! haha so he made me a white cake with white frosting! Its my favorite! It was so nice to go to dinner with everyone and I still can't believe we live here now.We have been experiencing a few moving problems. The first week and a half we were here we had no car, and now we have 1 car (which we were supposed to have 2)... Dan's car was having some problems so it couldn't make the trip. Now we are making another trip back to get Dan's car, but hopefully we will be meeting Dan's parents in Saint George instead of going to Orem. As much as I do love Orem, I have been having a hard time staying awake long enough to drive more than an hour or two... ick no good!

Anyway I had a wonderful birthday, I loved it! I cannot believe I am 23... I am entering my midtwenties and that feels weird to me. I told Dan I am the older woman for a few months and he quickly responded that I "am always the older woman" but I disagree... no one knows I am older when we are both "22" but when he 22 and am 23... hahaha I guess I am just splitting hairs.Here is an adorable picture of Tiny, seeing as he was my birthday present this year! I love him!!!!

1 comment:

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

your pup is so cute! congrats on your sealing! so exciting.. looks like we were probably in Utah around the same time!