Sunday, December 5, 2010

So big

My baby is getting so big! She hardly seems like a baby anymore. I could tell you numerous stories of people assuming she is older than she really is. If we go out to eat we are always asked if she wants a children's menu and something to color.

Last week I was asked by a 7 year old "what was wrong with her" because she can't walk. I told her she is just a baby and she responded with "she's bigger than my 2 year old cousin" which I later found out is very true.

I also asked a photographer this week at a studio in the mall when I stopped there with my friend Stacy about doing cake smashing photos for Ava's birthday in March. His response was "well we usually only do those for 1st birthdays, but I guess we could do it" :( it is her first birthday dude!

ANYWAY my nearly 9 month old weighs almost 23 pounds, probably about 30 inches tall, just starting to wear size 4 diapers today because size 3 are just way too short. She has just started to pick up cheerios with her finger and thumb, she says dada all the time but never mama. She has no teeth, she doesn't pull up on furniture, she doesn't crawl on her knees, she doesn't cruise and she doesn't eat table food very well. So ya thats my baby :)

OH and tonight is the 3rd night going to bed without a pacifier. No crying at all tonight :) just went right to sleep! YAY. She is pretty much pacifier free now aside from possible nap time use! Over are the days of plugging the pacifier back in, finding it for her in the car, getting up in the night to give it back to her, endlessly cleaning it, melt downs because she doesn't have it.

No comments: