Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In a motel in Saint George

I'm sitting awake in a motel in Saint George right now. I can't sleep (well I did from 7:30-9:30pm) but woke up wide awake after that. Ava and Dan are both asleep right now. We started our Christmas trip today with the intent of getting to Vegas. I knew in my mind if we encountered weather at all we would be stopping in St George because I wouldn't be able to handle the rest of the drive. The first 2 hours of the trip we drove through fog. Not fun. The last hour we drove through a complete scary down pour. As other cars passed us we could not see anything in front of us as our wipers could not go fast enough.

If you know me, you know I hate driving during any kind of weather. Snow, rain, wind. I hate it. I'd say I have a major driving phobia. I'm a huge chicken and its gotten worse since having Ava. I used to just be scared for myself but now I'm scared for my baby too. I don't want Ava to be afraid of the same things I am so I am trying to get help now so that she can grow up and not think its normal for mom to freak out while driving.

Anyway so we stopped here in St George and got a motel room. This is the first time we have ever done this and can I say, its not a bad idea. I love staying with family members but this does have the added bonus of not feeling like I'm imposing on anyone or worrying that Ava is going to mess something up at someones house. We all sat around this afternoon watching game shows on the king bed and it was so much fun.

Can't wait for Ava's first Christmas on Saturday. Dan and I got her 2 gifts... I had the intent on buying her more but with an overly generous family, there wasn't much else to get. So instead I finished her birthday and Christmas shopping at the same time. I can't wait for her big birthday present. Its adorable and a zebra print!

Sorry for my ramblings, this is what happens when I can't sleep in a strange place :)

No comments: