Wednesday, December 15, 2010

9 Month Appointment

Its official, Ava is triple her weight from when she was born!! So strange. And she is 11 inches taller. I cannot even remember what it is like to have a little 7 pound baby anymore!

Took Ava to her 9 month appointment today! Dr said her ears are looking better. She also said if she gets 2 more ear infections by her birthday then we need to do tubes. I don't want to do tubes so I pray she doesn't get anymore ear infections, which means we really need to work on her not getting colds.

She is 22 pounds 14 ounces and 30 1/2 inches tall. They said she is still off the charts in height of course. She got a shot and I was shocked she didn't even flinch. It was very unusual for Ava. She just played with the cup the Dr gave her.

She is doing well, happy as can be. The doctor mentioned that we shouldn't turn her forward facing in her car seat yet even though she is heavy enough according to the law. I told her not to worry, I'm not turning her forward facing until I absolutely have to. I'm glad they bring it up at the 9 month appointment and not wait till the 1 year appointment.

I can't believe in just 3 months Ava will be 1. Its all gone by too fast. We made her 1 year appointment for the day after her birthday. Its crazy to think that in just 3 months she could go from just crawling to pulling up on furniture, cruising, standing, walking and getting teeth!! So weird.

Anyway Ava is now tall enough to be in 18 month clothes but her 12 month clothes still fit so we will just go with whatever. She has so many clothes we are never short on outfits for Ava. Maybe me and Dan but never Ava. I just bought a bunch of 2T clothes... I couldn't resist this Gymboree Poppy line and Ava already has a ton of 18 and 24 month clothes. It seems like I'll always just be buying 2-3 sizes ahead. That has to stop at some point! I need to stop hoarding baby clothes! We really don't have room to store it all!!

No comments: