Monday, May 31, 2010

Wow where did May go!

Seriously? I spent so long waiting for March I have completely lost track of the months and hello its June tomorrow!! What the heck!

Dan is out of town with my brothers and dad at the Indy 500! He is having a great time, I however.... am having lots of fun doing everything on my own. Really REALLY didn't understand how much Dan does for Ava and I till the last 72 hours have rolled by slowly and we have 2 days left!
Ava really is a Daddy's girl. She has always always been more calm around Dan and whenever he talks to her she is so happy! Dan called us tonight and I set the cell on speaker on Ava's chest, oh my goodness, she was the happiest baby in the world! I even got a really cute picture of her smiling away while Dan spoke to her. Then it was all water works once he hung up the phone! Oh boy.
Ava is doing great, she is growing like crazy but it seems lately that she is growing taller faster than she is growing wider, because of this she is already in size 6-9 month clothes for the length but still fits in size 1 diapers because of her small midsection... Maybe she'll be a model and not inherit some of our bad genetics :)

Today will be her first official day starting size 2 diapers. I have been mixing size 2 luvs with size 1 huggies. Size 1's fit her great around her belly but we need more absorbency now that she is sleeping longer at night, the past few mornings I have woken up to a wet Ava :)

2 comments:

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Not to mention she is ADORABLE!! Hope Dan gets home soon for your sake :-)

alyssa said...

That is so cute that she gets to happy to hear his voice! I'll bet you are just swamped doing everything by yourself.