Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ava's Belly Button

I really really disliked the whole newborn stump belly button thing. I was paranoid about knocking it off or it getting infected the first week home. It kinda got knocked wrong around 9 days old and fell off the next day. I was very happy about this, but then it went on to bleed a bit for the next 2 weeks. I then thought we were finally out of the whole belly button worrying business. She had a weird little innie but all was good with the world.

Within about 3 weeks her belly button went from an innie to a knobby button like outie :) It finally clicked that she had an umbilical hernia. I had seen it a couple times before in family members babies. At first I was really bothered by her belly button. I was really freaked out that she would have to end up having surgery to correct it. Thankfully now I am fine with it and actually love her little "done" button. She smiles really big when I push on it and that just makes my day :)

No comments: