Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Date

Yay for Christmas! I am glad we are starting a little early since we only get a 4 day break together. Dan took me out for a surprise dinner at Claim Jumper, way too much food. I think I brought home more food than I ate!

Then we headed over to the Mesa Temple to see the Temple lights. I was in a bit of pain between my stomach feeling like I was carrying a bowling ball and my back hurting from sitting in Dan's car so we made 1 lap around the Temple before I was ready to go home!

Dan and I also decided to open our presents to each other tonight. Dan already opened a video game he got from me and his brother a couple of days ago so we just decided to finish our Christmas to each other. Tonight he opened a new green polo and a bib for Ava. :)

Dan had an extravagant way of wrapping my gift that took me about 10 minutes to find my gifts. He put my little gifts in a HUGE box full of crumpled newspaper! He got Ava a cute pair of footy pj's with sheep on the feet and he got me a pair of little skull candy head phones that I have been wanting! Anyway I love Christmas time and I am so glad I get to spend the next 4 days with Dan!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

We went to the Temple lights on Wednesday too! Haha Too bad we didn't see you :) Hope everything is going great.

Brittany Calkins said...

Haha well this will sound weird... but we saw you!

Weird I know, you guys were walking across the street from the church parking lot and we were pulling into the parking lot. :)

Jeanine said...

Your hair is getting long Brittany! It's beautiful as are your pics...your family is so cute!