Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Green Fingers

Today I decided to do an art project that was on my 101 things to do list! I decided to do make a piece of art for the bathroom since we have such pretty greens in there but nothing on the walls!

Today I bought the wrong colors of green at the store... the ones I bought were bright and light but I mixed the greens with white, yellow, and black and came up with colors that matched our bathroom!
I have a problem... I paint over carpet... so far I have had no accidents.
This was the pattern I was basing it off of. I decided to not do the whole canvas with it and just do two parts on the canvas... you will see.
Dan was pretty excited about our new bathroom art!Ta Da!

6 comments:

Cat and Blake Potter said...

very nice!!! good work, i deff need to work on my creative side its hurtin'

Clarissa B. said...

DANG!! you are so tallented!! I want one! How did you do that SO well?!?

Brittany Calkins said...

I cheated and used trace paper after I let the base layer dry I taped down trace paper and then on top of that the design I printed out. Traced it out and filled it in with a tiny brush! haha It was pretty easy! Took awhile but it was fun!

RedFeather said...

Pretty! We need to get you a tarp...

Anonymous said...

OO I like that!! Its super cute and Im sure super inexpensive!!

Brittany Calkins said...

Thanks! It was I think I spent 10 bucks for all of it and have left over paint! I love doing these little projects!