Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall is here!

So far I am 3 weeks into school and everything is going well! I haven't missed a class yet which is quite a success for me. My classes aren't too bad and this is my last semester with a full class load. I have already started doing some research into what I would like to do for my internship. So far I have decided that I am minoring in Gerontology and that I want to do my 9 credits of internship at Jamestown Assisted Living in Provo. Its just 3 miles away and I would be planning activities for the seniors that live there. I am looking forward to walking during the April graduation and finishing up with my internship in June!

We celebrated Dans 22nd birthday this past week! His birthday was on the 18th but we started celebrating the Saturday before! He had a great birthday and I want to thank everyone who made it a great week for him even though he had finals!We also celebrated my sister in law Kandace's birthday and my father in law Mark's birthday this last week!

I have to say that I am so proud of Dan. He has just finished his 5th quarter at Neumont University and got amazing grades!! He has 3 quarters left and I am so excited for him to start his career. We have discussed our post grad plans and are hoping that Dan has a job lined up before he graduates. I am hoping that we can move to either Las Vegas or Phoenix. Those would be my top two places to live! Either way I am looking forward to finding a full time job at a senior center or assisted living home as well as becoming a Certified Nurses Assistant.

Yesterday we went car shopping (not for now but hopefully the near future)! I officially hate shopping at dealerships but we drove some cool cars! We are looking at getting a Hybrid and so we looked at the Toyota Prius, Camry, and Highlander! Dan and I agreed that the Prius (although gets about 45 mpg) is very small and has an obstructed rear visual field. Dan loved the Camry, it was tons more roomy and has a sleek design. I loved the Highlander for its 3 rows of seats and SUV style while still getting almost 30 mpg! For now we don't have to worry about it but I look forward to getting a new car in the future!

Anyway, Fall is here which means winter is around the corner. I truly hope that next winter we will be living somewhere a little warmer!!

No comments: