Monday, August 25, 2008

With new illness comes new insight

I am overcoming my fear of doctors... because I find that when I go, I usually find out good information that helps me over come my health problems... who would have thought!!

I am anxiously awaiting to find out more about a metabolic disorder my doctor thinks I may have due to a skin discoloration on my leg that I have had since, well, as long as I remember. Well the skin discoloration is not the reason I have the metabolic disorder but it is related to this metabolic disorder. As she went through all the things that happens with this disorder... I was like "hey lady thats my life story!"

I want to live a healthy life. I am a Public Health major. I want to be a nurse. I love the health care field and all things medical. Its is a shock to me at times why I am so unhealthy. I want to be able to run and enjoy my life. Running is one of my favorite activities but I haven't been able to for a while. I want to have children. That is probably the thing I want most in this world. I also don't want to develop Diabetes which can happen with insulin resistance and metabolic problems.

Anyway I hope all goes well. As difficult as it may be to go through these health problems, its better knowing what is wrong than continuing on in life always feeling sick and miserable. I look forward to a healthier life but at the same time if I have insulin resistance and crappy hormones, I will need to give up carbs! But still I would rather live without carbs if that means I can fix a lot of my current health problems and prevent them from becoming more complicated issues.

Anyway in short I am glad I finally went to the doctor after canceling my appointment 3 times!

I get to figure this all out and start school next Tuesday!!! WOOO HOOO!

1 comment:

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

Being healthy is a life long struggle. I know it is one of mine. I seriously need to loose the rest of my baby weight and the weight I gained before I got Pregnant :(

I love telling people how you lost all that weight doing weight watchers in fact, I think I'm going to try that for me we'll see how that goes.

Scott and Penny will be here for christmas I am so excited. I think Main will be about 3 months old by then. It will be so fun to have 3 little boys running around :)