Thursday, August 14, 2008

Half Day

I had a half day from work today due to BYU graduation (NEXT YEAR IT WILL BE ME!)

I had a few ideas of what I could do with my afternoon off... 1st go see a movie and 2nd go on a hike. I decided to take the hike. Going to the movie would enable me to escape my life for an hour and a half and the hike would make me think about my life for an hour and a half.

I have not hiked my favorite little hike up at vivian park up Provo canyon in a year. I love this hike because I have been taking it every summer that I have lived here in Provo. At my best condition (which I am not at or close to right now) I could run the trail and loved it. Today I simply walked and huff and puffed my way through my thoughts. I thought about what is important to me and what kind of person I want to be. I can be a pessimist and often feel like something bad is going to happen.

I think the thing I need to focus on is not when life is going to end but what I am doing while I am alive. Does my husband know how much I absolutely love him? Does my mom know how much she has done for me and taught me? Does my family know how much I need them as a support and how much I love spending time with them? and the list goes on and on. I fear for so much but sometimes I forget to live instead of just be afraid.

I love Daniel. I think thats the thing I thought about the most on my hike. I love him and I want to be the women he deserves because he is more than the man I deserve. I have never had someone so patient with me when I can be so inpatient and often say something and just kick myself for having opened my mouth. I want to work towards being a better person for myself and for the one person I love more than anything in my life.

I think I picked the right afternoon activity. When the hike was over all I wanted to do was see my Daniel and hold him.

1 comment:

mairzy said...

Sounds like really good hike :-) Daniel is a lucky man to have you!