Wednesday, February 20, 2013

2/19/13

Ava and I went 'shopping' at Traverse Mountain outlets. We went right at 10 when they opened and there was NO one there! We loved it. Ava had fun walking around and looking at the windows full of clothes. We stopped by Gymboree to look at their Easter dresses. I had already ordered Ava's but I wanted to see which one she would pick out. When I asked her, this is the one she picked out :) and happens to be the dress I ordered for her already. She has great taste!
We then went to see Grama at work since she was in Colorado for the long weekend. Ava had asked to go to Grama's house daily while she was gone.
Later that afternoon we went to Grama's house and Ava played while I worked on this quilt. I have had the material for maybe 2 years now... I have been meaning to make Ava a quilt that entire time. I saw a chevron and white quilt with lots of different blocks like this and decided it would be a good pattern to use. Thank goodness for Kathy showing me the best way to do this quilt, I surely would have messed it up big time had I tried it on my own. I have a few changes I am going to make before I finally sew it together (and its missing the top half of it in this photo)

No comments: