Monday, November 19, 2012

Its starting to feel a lot like Christmas

Last year we got a little 5 foot tree from a tree lot and set it up in our house.... however this year we have NO room for a tree. The spot we had it last year now has Ava's play kitchen and its not something I want to move.
So we decided that we'd enjoy a tree at Mark and Kathy's but we wouldn't do one this year. That was getting me a little sad since Ava loves Christmas trees so much (random yes but she does) I then saw all the felt Christmas tree posts on Pinterest. I thought well that wouldn't be so bad and she could decorate and undecorate it herself. I still love real trees but this is the perfect little toddler Christmas tree!

We bought 1 yard of Green felt at Joanns for 3.50. Could probably have gotten away with like 3/4 a yard. I already had a ton of felt on hand from other projects but I bought a few extra colors. I ended up using 12-16 sheets and at .25 cents a sheet thats like 4$
I used my glue gun for the presents and I did actually glue gun it to our window (it peels right off glass) but if you do it on a wall, poster tac works well.

Took about 2 hours. I put a movie on and got to work while Ava was asleep. She woke up from her nap and was so excited for her tree!! I made hers a little too tall but other than that I'm happy with it :)


No comments: