Saturday, October 9, 2010

AZ trip so far

We left on Tuesday for our 2 week+ trip to AZ. I am so thankful for my sister in law Lisa for letting me stay at her place on Tuesday in Vegas. There is no way I could have done the entire 12 hour drive in one day. On Tuesday morning Ava was up early so we just left at 5:30 and drove in the dark for an hour and a half. As soon as it started getting light out it poured rain till we got to St George. It took us over 7 hours to do our normally 5 1/2 hour drive.

Wednesday we left at 6 for AZ and thankfully the weather was great and we made it in 5 1/2 hours. Ava does really great the first 3 hours in the car and then she just doesn't want to sleep anymore. The last hour of each day was the hardest. I hate having her cry but when I know she is fed, clean and not really tired, there's nothing that will help other than getting the trip over with.

Its been so nice to be here and hang out with my family. Ava is enjoying seeing everyone and playing all the time. She is starting to go to bed earlier which is nice, I just hope I can get her to stop waking up at 2 and 5.

No comments: