Sunday, October 4, 2009

Finished what I started 12 years ago for my cousin!

I love Crocheting! I started when I was 11, be it I was very bad, I have enjoyed crocheting ever since. I am not so technically skilled that I can do more more than the basics, but I am very happy that I can actually do the basics now and have it turn into a usable, finished product.

My very first project I crocheted was a "supposed" to be a pink baby blanket for my cousin Carley when she was born. It turned into a ridiculous looking triangle and I never finished it.

Thankfully over the years I have learned how to make things in to rectangles and for Carley's 12th birthday (which was on Oct 1st) I finally finished her blanket... which I intended to do 12 years ago!

5 comments:

The Halladays said...

That looks so great. Good Job! I'm learning to crochet this week :)

Renae said...

Wow! That looks good! I'm impressed. I learned how to crochet a little bit in high school (actually from Kyle's mom) and I started on a blanket, but never finished it because I too couldn't make it rectangle and it just looked ridiculous. I have yet to attempt again.

Ashley said...

Wow, so cute! I'm not patient enough to crochet!

the ridgeways said...

aww it looks awesome! good job!!

mairzy said...

Oh that's beautiful Britt! I suck at crocheting, I started when I was younger but I'm horrible at getting things square, my tension is always off or I am adding stitches or dropping them. So I'm definitely impressed!