Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Post Secret - Temple

My friend Allyson got me completely hooked on Post Secret a few years back... It is my guilty pleasure that I look forward to on Sundays. Sometimes I see things that remind me of myself and other times I see things that make me happy that I am who I am. However, whenever I see an LDS post it makes me really stop and think. Sometimes I think that I don't want the church to be portrayed like it is at times on Post Secret and other times I find simple truths within myself.
I saw this post today and felt very sad for these two women. I know its a sensitive subject for some people but I am glad that my mother and my entire family was by our sides on our wedding day and I am glad they will be there at our sealing as well.

3 comments:

allyson elizabeth said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes it makes me think about things I could do better to be kinder.

Also, you got me hooked on Jim Gaffigan. And I got Jon hooked. Now he keeps going "Kitty wants some candy. Rawr!"

Megan said...

Brittany,
I have been stalking your blog for awhile and just saw this post.
It hit home for me as well.
I remember telling my mom that we weren't getting married in the temple and I couldn't believe how she stepped up and supported me anyways. I think I expected her to break down like the mom mentioned but she was stronger than I gave her credit for

Brittany Calkins said...

Megan! I stalk your blog too! haha

I know what you mean, I was afraid of telling my mom and put it off until she finally asked. I thought she was going to get really upset with me but she didn't. I love your mom and my mom! They are awesome!