Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our "Vacation" just ended

We have been married for just over 2 weeks now. It was a great wedding with some crazy ups and downs... Mostly ups... I only had one major freak out and I won't go into much detail over that! hahaha

The wedding was fantastic. We even had the blessing of some shade on the wedding day due to a fire on South Mountain that was blocking the sun! (I know I should not be happy about that but it felt so much better to me than the areas that weren't).After the wedding we spent my birthday at my mom's house and opened some of our wedding/birthday presents. That night we drove up to Peoria to stay at a resort that is super secluded and out of the way. We spent most of our week by the pool or at the movie theatre it seemed. We saw Wall-e, Get Smart and Hancock... I liked them from most to pretty good in that order... none were bad!We started our drive back up to Utah on Saturday the 6th. Painstakingly, both of us were feeling sick. Maybe the idea of getting back to work! We made it up here and the next day moved into our little apartment! We could not have done the move without our friend Adam. He showed up bright and early after we picked up the U-haul and stayed till the move was done, even helped us put together our bed!

After some careful maneuvering we are now more adjusted to our 425 square foot apartment. We have had to purchase a few pieces of "furniture" to assist us in being more organized like big bakers racks for our kitchen and storage racks for our bathroom. We were excited to get our biggest rack for the kitchen last night! We were able to put it together and get our microwave set up as well as our pots and pans, toaster and crock pot... Now we just need the last few screws that Ikea forgot to give us and we can have a kitchen table! (plus I need to paint it!)

I have already (slowly) started decorating... the only place I have hung anything is the kitchen. The rest of the rooms, I am like... psh what do I do! But I have like 5 things hung in the kitchen.

We have had just a few bumps along the path to get started. It took a little extra work than I had planned to get health insurance and like I said our apartment was smaller than we had thought but none of these things are stopping us so we just move on to the next task... like getting my name changed and getting car insurance.

Dan went back to school this morning. I was sad to see him go... I have been getting up earlier than him and like that he has had a break and is able to sleep in. I feel bad that he has to get up sooo early because he lives even further from school now. He really loves me and knows that I can't drive in the winter here without having a heart attack. On Sunday while we were in church I had the feeling that Dan and I should say a prayer in the morning before he goes to school... even thou I don't need to get up until later. I felt like in high school that our family did that and it made me feel better and that hopefully I can feel less anxiety about Dan driving to school in the morning if we pray first.

Our first Sunday in our ward was super special to say the least but I won't go into that. We are going and that is important to us and we are working this year to be sealed in the temple. Doesn't matter how many times the bishop asks when Dan converted or how many people just assume Dan goes to BYU. We can do this! I love Dan, I don't have a clue why he puts up with me at times but that boy loves me.

Ok sorry for such a long post... future post will be more fun/will contain pictures.

2 comments:

The Two Of Us said...

Congrats on your marriage...
nice blog.

mairzy said...

♥ You two are amazing - it sucks that the honeymoon is over, but girl the real fun has only just begun! ;-) Haha, this coming from me your single friend, but still. . .I know things.