Friday, July 25, 2008

Merry Christmas in July!

We are 5 months till Christmas but Dan and I were excited to be able to purchase our plane tickets for the holidays to go to my home in Arizona and visit our family! We found the cheapest tickets flying Delta on Christmas Eve and coming back New Years Eve. We figured nothing happens those mornings anyway so might as well fly for cheap! Plus we used Dan's Delta miles he has earned and now are flying for next to nothing which is a huge help seeing as we have next to nothing hahaha.

I am proud to say we have figured out all the main things we need to be an up and running married couple. We have set up joint checking, signed up for BYU health insurance, are now insured by Geico for car and renters insurance and have our wedding rings insured by Jewelers mutual. There were a few bumps along the way but one thing I learned is there are plenty of ways to do things if the way you planned doesn't work out.

Anyway I am just so excited that Dan and I have almost been married for 1 month. It feels like we have been married 2 days and that we are just starting out, but I guess we are still starting out. I learn everyday how to be a better person living with Dan. Normally with roommates if you don't get along you can just ignore them but living with your best friend and Husband changes things. This is the smallest place either of us have ever lived in and we are in it together! Everyday he is gone to work I get excited for what I can get done while he is gone. Not because I don't want his help, but because I want him to come home to a better apartment than when he left.

I am going to make our first home made meal tonight. We have been eating quick prep stuff for the first few weeks but I figure I have a Friday night, I can make us a nice meal without having to go to a restaurant!

No comments: