Thursday, April 17, 2008

My baby is sick!

My beautiful puppy Mario turned 13 this year back in February. He has been an amazing family pet and almost like another child in our family.

He was my easter present (I think, memories kinda a blur) 13 years ago. I remember going to pick him out with my brothers but the final say was mine. They had about 6 puppies in the litter and only 2 were left when we got there. A boy and a girl. I saw little Mario and couldn't live without him. He was my baby and I loved him. Christopher, for some reason, got to name him, but other than that he was mine.

In the past years, especially since I have been gone at school for 4 years now, he has become my mom's baby. She loves him so much and I know he has been a good little companion for her. This last week when my brother and his wife were over they suggested my mom take him to the vet because he was looking very sick and not eating.

She took him into the vet and found out he has Diabetes. My mom was and is rather upset. Mario is at the vet's for about 48 hours while he gets supervision and gets liquids pumped into his system. I always knew something someday would happen to him but I always hoped he would just live forever. He is not dead or anything but either way I know both my mom and I have a hard time with the idea of losing our little Mario!

Anyway I love him, he is my beautiful four legged friend. (These are my two favorite pictures of him that my sister in law Kate took!)

No comments: