Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bridezillas

So Allyson and I have joked about Bridezillas all semester seeing as both of us are planning weddings.

I actually met one yesterday! I was trying to get rid of some of the christmas lights we had bought for our original reception so I posted them and immediately got a response from this girl. Upon calling her I could IMMEDIATELY tell that she was a) very stressed out or b) a bitch. (pardon my language)

Well after meeting her I take it that she is a little of both. Picture this. She calls with about 1 million questions about the lights, which were brand new, still in boxes, never used. She even wanted to know how I was planning on setting them up because she doesn't know how. This is not a horrible question, but she asked me 6 times in the 3 times I talked to her.

We then agree to meet up. She did not want to drive out to meet us anywhere, but wanted Dan and I to come to her apartment. I find out she is living in the newest apartments in Provo that were just finished in August.

Not to mention when we get to her apartment she doesn't even offer to come down to the car to look at the stuff but asks us to carry all the boxes up to her 4th floor apartment! Her apartment was huge and super nice and when we walk in, we found it completely furnished with beautiful leather couches, all new appliances and a huge 42 inch TV hanging on the wall along with all her other beautiful things.

She is standing there in her stuck up little way going through the lights, complaining, CALLING HER FIANCE ABOUT EVERYTHING (she did that every time I emailed her or talked to her on the phone as well), complaining about having 3 receptions!! 2 of which are here in Utah at club houses and what not.

Anyway come to find out she is not getting married until SEPTEMBER and she was complaining about how she is from DC and how everyone is leaving her for the summer and she has to do it all by herself. PLUS she would not listen to me in regards to why I picked the prices for each box and she kept fighting with me over it (even thou I had already lowered the price when she asked me to!) and I was like hun, do you really have a problem with money?

Anyway its her life, I just wanted to complain for a few minutes because I am trying to have the wedding I want but I also don't want to be a bitch and annoying to the people around me!

Teaches me to relax a little more about my wedding because their is no reason to treat people like crap because you have to plan 3 receptions at all your beautiful places with all your beautiful things and all your fantastic money.

PS
I am also very annoyed with a bitchy girl in my class who when asked at the beginning of the semester what she does for a job and her answer was "I can't work, I am planning my wedding."

She gets married this week and she complained constantly during the final about having to do finals right before HER wedding... Well I am sorry, it is not our fault YOU decided to have YOUR wedding the week of Finals!!!

Ok I am done complaining about other people complaining about their weddings.

3 comments:

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

Kate and I have had a recent experience with a bridezilla it was terrible! You should be glad you were just trying to sell her lights and not wedding services. Poor Kate had such a bad experience doing her engagement session she almost backed out of her wedding. You could never be a bridezilla Brittany you are too sweet!

RedFeather said...

Hahaha. I love stories like this. I think a lot of ladies who pull this kinda stuff don't realize they are. Weddings are quite stressful, and we all lose our cool sometimes.

That said, this girl sounds like shes this way about everything. Being self entitled is not a good thing.

If anything, feel bad for her future husband.

Brittany Calkins said...

I love you both!!