Saturday, January 7, 2012

Asher's Baby Shower

Lisa was the mastermind of this baby shower (for Caroline and Asher) and boy did she do an awesome job!!! She designed everything, down to the invitations and it was beautiful! I was hoping to help a LOT more than I did because I was sick during the week of the shower :( But I did take these photos to remember the shower by :)
I cannot wait for Asher to get here! He is due on Feb 22nd!! Just a little more than 6 weeks max till we get to finally see Dave and Carolines cute baby! From the moment I found out about Dave and Caroline (4 1/2 years ago when I met Dan), I was told that they had been trying to have a baby. At that point it had been a couple of years with no success. I remember feeling very emotional about this because of my own issues with PCOS and a very strong attachment to the idea that they needed to have the first grand baby in the Calkins family.

Fast forward to now, Asher may not be the first grand child but have we all been waiting faithfully for his arrival for a very long time! I'm also so thankful to have Caroline in my life, even more so now that we have been going through infertility for over a year now. She gave me quite a few words of wisdom as we talked over the Christmas break. Having children has not been easy for any of my sister in laws. Not a single one of us has had it "easy", I'm not thankful for this fact but I'm thankful to have women in my life who understand the pain and joy that comes with bringing children into this world.

1 comment:

The Halladays said...

seriously ADORABLE baby shower set up!!