Thursday, January 27, 2011

PCOS

I don't think I've ever talked about this on my blog.... I know I think about it often but I don't know if I've been "that" honest to bring it up. Anyone had to deal with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)?? I'm trying to get the courage up to go talk to a new doctor about it. Last time I talked to a doctor about it (December 2008) I got scolded and told not to think about it because I'd be "irresponsible" to get pregnant at the weight I was at and I was "too young" to be a mom anyway.

Well I did talk to my OB about it but after I got pregnant with Ava. He told me to come back and we'd check it after I had her... well dang it we moved. I loved Dr. Alperin. He never made me feel bad about getting pregnant at the weight I was at (or age for that matter).

I've struggled with PCOS since high school and its frustrating and discouraging. I know it goes hand in hand with my weight and its currently been more difficult than ever to get the weight I gained during my pregnancy off.

Anyway gotta come up with the courage just to call and make a doctors appointment. I HATE going to the doctor.

3 comments:

Jeanine said...

Wow, I'm sorry that you had to deal with that first doctor....lame!!! I wish there was something I could do or say that would give you the courage to make a doctor appointment. I don't know how serious PCOS is but you could think of going to the doctor as a way to stay healthy...do it for Ava and Dan :)

Brittany Calkins said...

Ya that was a BYU health clinic doctor... I never went back to her.

I was able to get pregnant with Ava without needing drugs, by some miracle, but I don't think that will happen again.

I need to go, I need to go.... just gotta keep telling myself that. Thanks for the support Jeanine.

Clarissa B. said...

thats terrible! What a dumb doc, why would he do that to you! I am soo sorry. Are you living in AZ now? I LOVE my mid-wife, I have PCOS also and she has been sooo supportive through the whole thing. I would totally reccomend her to you! Let me know!