Monday, July 12, 2010

We are Moving

Hopefully this is our view from our bedroom (if we get the condo)

We are moving back to Utah. I realized today I have moved every single summer for 7 years now... one summer I even moved 2x... I HATE moving.

Our "vacation" to Utah was supposed to be a vacation. Literally a few days before we were going to leave, these 2 interviews fell into Dan's lap out of no where. He did both of the interviews and by Friday he had 2 job offers. He accepted the offer of the job he liked more and that happened to be in Lindon, Utah.

We went searching for a condo with our 1 day left in Utah.. we found something that was small but we could have made it work. We thought my mom's car was going to break down so we stayed 1 more day. Car was fine but I am sure glad we stayed. We found a condo 1/2 a mile from the new job that only cost 25$ more than the much much smaller condo that was 2 miles down the road.

So it looks like in 2 weeks we will be back on the road to Utah. We are not driving a moving truck this time. We are hiring a company to move our stuff. Should be a little less stressful. We are praying that everything goes through okay with this move. We are also praying that we are able to sign the lease to this condo this week.

I will miss AZ sooo much. I have cried buckets of tears and keep trying to look at all the good things, but its still hard. It's really really hard to go back to live in a place that made me miserable every winter and that was so far from my family.

Hopefully being a stay at home mom will be a lot easier (on my anxiety) than being a working busy student (when it comes to having to go out in the snow).

6 comments:

Jason and Ronda said...

We will definatally have to get together! I would love to see you again! We live downtown SL so maybe we could meet up in between??

Brittany Calkins said...

I'd love to get together! My brother in law, sister in law and nephew live in downtown Salt Lake too so we will be in between a lot I'm sure.

Jeanine said...

Yay for coming back to Utah! We'll have to figure out a time when we can reunite!

miss chaz. said...

you know how i feel about moving away from az..... :(

but congrats to you and dan! wow, that is great about the job and the condo. i'm sure you will love having your own place and being a fun stay at home mommy:) and the moving company should DEFINITELY help.

...but i still can't believe your moving again!!!

Julie said...

Jealous, jealous. I WISH I could live in Utah :) You are soo lucky. I definately don't love the snow when I am cleaning off my car, but is so wonderful to see seasons! And the 115 degree heat today is making me miss that more! I am so happy for you guys :) AVA is beautiful. I love the dress she has on in her picture at the top of your blog. Do you have an Etsy shop? You should -- you are sewing, craft queen. Best wishes :) LOVE YA!

mairzy said...

Brittany, Brittany, I feel your pain!! (Haha you know me and how I would feel if I had to move to Utah from Washington. . .) But you know, I do have to admit that there are some great things about living in Utah too, and I think you're in a great place in your life to be able to appreciate them this time around :-) And if you ever want to rant or get out of your system any of the over-the-top craziness you encounter there, you know I'm here to listen!! ♥