Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sold the Honda

We decided a few weeks ago that we are going to sell both of our cars and become a 1 car family. We really didn't need two cars this year but there was no extra money to buy a car this last year. We figured we would now sell both the cars and once a good (newer) used car came along (bigger of course) we would buy it!

We didn't expect to sell the Honda this quick but my brother Brett's car started leaking gasoline and seeing as its from 1979 my parents decided it was finally done for. We have to get everything signed over pretty quick. I have no idea what we are supposed to do with the plates or the registration or anything. I think we know how to sign a title over but I guess we better figure out pretty quick what to do with the rest.

Now we are going to have to squish into the Focus to drive up to Vegas and then up to Orem. Oh well we will just make it work. This move is just happening so fast, its driving me nuts. Its hard to sleep at night trying to plan everything out! blah.

Oh and if anyone has any good recommendations for cars that fit these qualifications, let me know:

1) good in snow
2) 4 doors
3) bigger than a hatchback ford focus
4) decent enough gas mileage

:) I actually wish Dan would let me get a minivan but I think thats a big fat NO

4 comments:

Jillanne said...

I LOVE my Dodge Caliber. It gets awesome mileage, it did really well in the snow in Flagstaff (I never even had to get chains), it's a 4 door hatchback, and big enough to seat 5 comfortably. There are cool features that come with it too, like the cooler for drinks. It has been a great family car without feeling like a soccer mom minivan or the big SUV price tag.

Renae said...

Get a Subaru! All Subarus have 4 Wheel Drive. Kyle and I have a Legacy and love it. We had an Impreza, but it was too small. The Legacy has lots of room.

Cat and Blake Potter said...

haha you are in the same predicament we are in! We have a hatchback honda...but we are probably going to get a van (hard cause I don't feel we're a "van" family yet, but hey). I wish I had advice, but we're in the same situation too, haha. GOODLUCK!

Brittany Calkins said...

Ohhh thanks Jillanne I will look at it, I have never looked at Dodge Calibers.

Renae! I have been looking at Subarus, just gotta talk Dan into them. My family has all been telling me subarus are good snow cars.