Sunday, January 10, 2010

While I was sleeping...

or crocheting because I stayed up till 2:30 someone broke into my car. Seriously! What is wrong with these people. Tons I am sure. I could go into a huge long story about how ridiculous this is and how unfair it is but that doesn't change anything.

They now have all my music (which bothers me the most) because my computer broke and the only place I had my music left was my ipod. So really I am most upset that they stole my songs. Now they will go sell my ipod and my stereo and just have themselves a nice day. So don't leave anything in your car. I mean you can't take your car stereo in the house but ya. I threw away the original stereo that came with the car, so I guess from here on out I will just be stereo-less.

They did happen to leave my Babies R Us receipt untouched on the front seat so I can still go return something to the store. How thoughtful for them not to touch that.

4 comments:

Jeanine said...

I'm sorry! That totally sucks! Someone broke into Matt's car a few years ago right after Christmas and stole a bunch of DVDs and Christmas presents like gift cards. Then on top of it all he had to go and get his window replaced. My computer didn't load the two pictures at the end of this post, but I'm guessing they are pictures of your car. Did they break out a window??

Brittany Calkins said...

Oh that stinks that they broke into Matt's car! Its just a crummy thing to have your stuff stolen. Its a hard thing for me to wrap my head around.. I would never break into someones car so its hard for me to put myself in their shoes and understand how they are okay with stealing stuff!

Now I don't want to park my car on the street anymore but I have to.

They shattered my passenger side window. Not so happy about having to pay to get that fixed. They didn't even open the door, they just reached in from the broken window and ripped out my dash and opened my glove box where my ipod was.

I joked that they could have at least taken the Stereo warranty out of the glove box as well... it still has 1 1/2 left on it!? haha

I had a few gifts in the back seat that I needed to return that weren't worth much but he left those for me.

mairzy said...

Oh Britt that SUCKS!!! I know how much your music means to you, too, besides the stereo and ipod cost. . .I'm so sorry! :-( It leaves you with this violated feeling. . . wish I was there and had a baseball with me when that punk showed up!

mairzy said...

*baseball bat ;-)