Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby Blanket

I started this blanket 2 months ago and so glad I got it done today! One more thing I can check off my endless list of things to do.

If anyone needs a good yarn to use when working on projects, I HIGHLY recommend Caron Simply Soft. This is the 2nd project I have worked with this yarn and I can say, it is sooooo soft, really smooth and easy to use. They sell it at Joanns and I am pretty sure you could find a smaller selection of it at Walmart. Some of the other "baby" soft yarns just aren't soft enough or they have lots of little frillies hanging off of them so it makes them difficult to work with (in my opinion).

Anyway, I am now going to try and teach myself how to make a matching beanie?! Never done that before, so should be an interesting learning experience.

5 comments:

Ash & Paul said...

thats such a cute baby blanket! :) I wish I was talented like you are!

alyssa said...

I love that type of yarn too! I have baby beanie patterns too if you want me to send you some of those to :)

Brittany Calkins said...

Oh definitely email me some patterns for beanies Alyssa!! Thanks for the little sock pattern too!!

Randi said...

I love that blanket. The colors are so cute.

As for the beanie, I taught myself how by watching some videos on youtube. If you search baby beanie, I am sure some will come up.

Brittany Calkins said...

I found a really simple video for the beanie on Youtube and followed it! YAY!