Thursday, May 14, 2009

Visual Field Test

I am having my 2nd visual field test a little late. I was supposed to have one as soon as my vision returned to normal in February 2008, but I neglected it... and then I was supposed to have yearly tests to make sure my blind spots are not increasing. So boo I have not done my part, but I figured I am moving in a month and would like to see the doctor who diagnosed me with PTC and see how my eyes are doing.

No matter what my eyes will be better than they were when I had my first test done, but I am curious to see if they are in a good range or if my blind spots are bigger than they should be. Lets pray for good eyes. This is all important because visual blindness can creep up without much knowledge until its too late to reverse the damage.

If you have never had a visual field test, the best description is that it feels like you are looking into the Willy Wonka TV Room... You are looking into a big white box and tiny lights flash for about 30 minutes and you push a button as to which ones you see... its extremely tedious and boring!

2 comments:

RedFeather said...

Good luck! I hope all is okay...


I really want to go watch willy wonka now...we couldnt find our copy last night when I wanted to watch it either!

Brittany Calkins said...

Thinking about it makes me want to watch it too!! I think everything will be fine, just gotta do what I gotta do!