Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Doctors

I generally like the doctor I see. She is a nice women who gets to the point and doesn't sugar coat anything. I like that in a doctor. However today was a day when I wanted to discuss things with her, like my future, specifically my future in having children. I was stressed about what to ask and how to ask it all day...

I made it to my appointment on time (it was at 5:20) and got into the tiny examination room by 5:25 and then waited... and waited... and waited... finally (after 1 trip out to the nurses station and a million rounds of Tetris) my Doctor comes in at 5 minutes to 6. She had enough time to tell me that my insulin resistance has improved from an 18 to a 14 and that my cholesterol is great... she printed a new prescription for my Diamox for the next 6 months and sent me on my way. I was a little disappointed and didn't even bother asking any of my questions because I respect that she wants to leave at 6 just as I would want to leave work when my time is up.

I walked out and had to leave through the back exit to get out of the building because everything was closed. I scheduled my next appointment with her for December 12th at 10am! There will be no reason for me to not discuss these things with her then since she won't be shewing me out the door at closing time!

No comments: