Saturday, November 22, 2008

Calkins Weekly Update

We have almost made it to Thanks Giving!!! This week I have 1 class on Monday (and a million projects to work on) and Dan has 3 days of classes... We are excited to spend Thanks Giving at Dan's parents house with Dan's brother Matt and his wife Kandace and my friend Mary!!

A week and a half ago I had a cooking adventure! I made my first Pot Roast! I was pretty excited. I made it for a family in our ward that had a new baby... so I hope it turned out alright! I had to call my mom about 5 times to make sure I was doing everything right!
Before! After!
I have had a few other cooking adventures this week! I do have to say I am getting better! Dan and I had our friend Mary over so she could study on Thursday and I made STEAK for the 3 of us! Mary introduced me to the joy of broiling! It took us a bit to figure out WHERE our broiler was but turns out it was a drawer in the bottom of the oven!
I need to clean... all of this... because of STEAK!
Due to cooking skills increasing and nice Visiting Teachers that brought me some new recipes to try I made this calendar... we are really needing to eat at home like 99% of the time now due to decrease in income that will be coming soon (our choice, we aren't getting fired)... Other than cooking, we held a Recycling Focus Group at our apartment on Tuesday with Dan, Mary, Allyson & Jon! It was fun... They helped me to finish my project (well that section of it!)Tonight we fed the ducks at BYU's pond stale bread and we had a delightful evening around town and enjoyed spending most of the day together!

This week other than Thanks Giving I am going to get some school projects done/worked on and get ready for one of my classes Domestic Violence Awareness Day on Campus December 3rd in the BYU Terrace from 11-2!

Anyway thats all for now!

3 comments:

Potter Family said...

have a great thanksgiving, and the pot roast looked delicious!! Anytime you wanna try your cooking skills on anyone, ill volunteer :)

Clarissa B. said...

how fun! the food looks sooo good.. my mouth is watering!!

mairzy said...

You've sure been a busy girl - I love the pictures of what you need to clean because of the steak delicious-ness, LOL! And your roast looks BEAUTIFUL - I'm sure that whoever you cooked it for had an amazing meal :-)

I was in this post a lot. . .that makes me happy :-)