Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sweet November

It seriously feels like fall outside (and is starting to feel a little like winter.) I am trying to be optimistic about the weather although it is hard! This week was a fun filled week full of SCHOOL! It was the first week of November and all was well in the Calkins home!

This week on Tuesday I made this bold move:
Which led to this:

As lame as you may think I am because I had to do this (my mom suggested it) it is working for me! I mean my credit card is in a block of ice... not so convenient is it, but still around in case of emergency!

On Wednesday I applied for GRADUATION! I am walking in April graduation but will not finish my last 3 credit internship for my minor until the end of June... This is my last semester of classes. In January I start a 18 hour a week unpaid internship and will do that along side my 25 hour a week job!! I am really excited however to not have exams or classes to attend daily! (Internship location is still undecided).

On Friday this joyous miracle came into our lives:
It may not look like much (because we already had the frame and the sheets and quilt) but underneath it all is a brand new Serta mattress set by Vera Wang (who knew you could get a Vera Wang Mattress?!) It was a delightful way early Christmas present and I cannot tell you how needed it was... It replaced Dan's 10 year old Cali King which was broken on one side! However, in the hustle and bustle of the moving men trying to be as quick as possible, they did this little number to our bedroom door:It took the convincing of my Mother in Law and my Mother to get me to call R C Willey about paying for our door to be fixed. I really don't care that they broke it but my mom reminded me that I will have to pay to get it fixed when we move out because we will be charged. The wood is ruined and I can't re-screw... So yay... R C Willey gets to fix our door now... Poor guys they were just in too big of a hurry! Nice part was they didn't even say anything about breaking our door... just asked if I could sign the paper so they could leave.

Dan had a little mid quarter miracle of his own happen. For any of you who don't have husbands who love their XBox 360, this picture is a sign for Dan's long awaited game, Gears of War 2. He is so cute staring at the screen and well all I can say is, he has been a sweetheart by putting me first (doesn't mean he doesn't pout a bit about not getting to play 24/7). I will be honest though, since well before our wedding Dan really gave up playing video games, he kicked his butt into gear and got really into school and work and spending time with ME! He deserves a break from his horrid schedule so I am glad his game came! (I am however excited for him to beat it... then it won't seem so great!)

Also on Friday my dear friend Chelsea came home (for good) from her nanny job that she has been doing for the last 8 months in Stanford, Connecticut! We went to Sushi and it was sooooo good!

Thats this week in a nutshell. Aside from Obama being president elect and Ashley, Amanda and Kate having babies, this has been our week! OH and I successfully indexed 700 names this week... I was a little obsessed!

I am looking forward to an awesome Womens health midterm this week as well as a fun 4 couple get together on Wednesday with my dear friends Allyson & Jon, Rachael & Milan and Tonya & Kyle!

4 comments:

allyson elizabeth said...

Out of those six people, admit you like me the best.

The Halladays said...

Yay for graduation! I applied for April Graduation about a week and a half ago! Congrats. Now that I have my second band we have an excuse to play...and show off our rings to each other some more :) Good luck with the semester coming to a close!

Beka said...

I am jealous of your new bed. We got a new bed about a year ago, but I have never liked it. :( Good idea about the credit card. I seriously need to do that too.

Clarissa B. said...

haha oh Brittany, I love you! That is such a good idea to freeze it! Your awesome!