Friday, September 14, 2012

2 1/2 Year Update

I blinked and 6 months flew by and it feels like the next 6 months will go by so quick and then she will be 3!

Dan started his new job this week after being laid off a week ago and we are so thankful that it all happened so quick so that he was not unemployed for more than a few days.  Dan's 26th birthday is on Tuesday and then Kate and Ellerie come for a week starting on Wednesday!!! We cannot wait to get our hands on that cute baby!

I attempted to do some accurate (as accurate as I can do on my own) measurements this morning.  The stats I'll be putting in the baby book.

35.5 pounds (97%)
38.5 inches (97%)

This is the first time she's ever been bellow 99.6% for height since she was 2 months old! maybe this means she's slowing down! She wears size 4 dresses, 3/4 tops and 3/4 bottoms (3 pants and 4 skirts shorts) She wears size 9/10 shoes.

She talks NON stop even if it doesn't make sense, she never stops talking, from the moment she wakes up till the moment she falls asleep at night, she's just talking. We have some favorite "avaisms"

Oh no, oh dear, hey guys, whats going on, you found me, thank you soooo much, I can't do it (usually says when we are changing her diaper), Ya elp (which means you come help me), come on let's go, It's stuck, yucky diaper (keee), teek a boo....

I was asking her what noises things make yesterday and she told me what a dinosaur, bird, chickie, horse, dog, cow, sheep, duck, cat and mommy's say :) Mommy's say "its okay, its okay" and pat you on the arm.  Made my heart melt!!

She loves colors and especially loves all the colorful things we put in her room when we redid it last month. She knows all the colors names but doesn't usually get them right. Everything to her seems to be yellow or green :) Dan asked if she was color blind... no she's just 2.

We've had to child proof all of our doors, none of them are safe unless they are locked from the other side.  She also has figured out how to get in and out of her booster seat at the kitchen table all on her own!

She loves to wear seat belts and whenever she gets in the car, stroller, shopping cart she says "seat belt! so we can be safe" thanks to Dora. She has figured out how to unclip seat belts in shopping carts but just for the purpose of reclipping them :)

She sings everytime we get in the car and if she is in a bad mood (which does happen more now a days than before) we put on "some nights" by fun and she sings it so loud :) Its so cute. I love when she starts singing it on her own without the music and hearing what words she thinks are in the song.

She hates going to places like Joanns and Hobby Lobby but the one thing she does like about the trips is when we get fabric cut. She pretends her fingers are scissors and says "nuk nuk nuk" which I guess is the sound scissors make?  She LOVES scissors... never thought I'd have to worry about scissors soo much. She see's a pair and she must have it and she must make it go open and close and she loves to pretend she has scissors... it scares me

She is so much fun and a lot more work than she used to be, but we figure it out each day. Napping is really hit or miss. She went 3 weeks without a single nap till we got her the big twin bed. now it just depends on the day.  I have a feeling she will give up napping all together soon.

She is the little love of my life and regardless what happens with our infertility I feel so blessed and lucky to have Ava. I want so much to give her a little sibling... I have to remind myself that it will happen eventually whether through adoption or pregnancy. We will find a way to make our family grow. I am so excited to see Ava as a big sister, it makes me so happy thinking about it. She is my sweet sweet girl and I can't imagine a day without her.

1 comment:

Jonathan Hübner said...

When I was Ava's age I also loathed going to craft stores. I also hated corduroy fabric, so yeah... kids are off the chain (why would they be on a chain in the first place?)
Also I am sorry to hear about the challenges posed by infertility. It sounds like a very poignant situation.
Regardless you are a very resilient, positive and loving person, which is very cool in my book. (FYI I've written several)
P.S.- Tell Dan congratulations on his new job.