Wednesday, June 15, 2011

15 Months Old

Ava is 15 months old today!! Ava started walking full time 2 weeks ago and has been go go go ever since! I LOVE it. Everyone told me to enjoy the non walking days... I'm sorry this is great. I'm guessing most of those people didn't have a big 14 1/2 month old that they had to carry around. Now I can stand Ava up next to me while I try to find my keys to get into the door, I can walk with her outside and not have her get filthy from trying to crawl on the ground... LOVE IT!

She's talking a little more. She is saying dada, mama, num, hi, and wow consistently. We have been working on doggie and bye bye :) A couple of times I've heard her say "hi dada" when pretending to talk on the phone (which is a current favorite activity)

Ava is wearing 24 month clothes and some 2T now. Clothes have become increasingly frustrating the last month. She is getting taller but not rounder. 24 month pants won't stay up on her waist, even elastic waist pants. We just stick with leggings so they stay on!

Ava has 4 teeth now, 3 of which came within just over a week of each other. I haven't checked in a while but I don't think she has any other teeth coming in right now.

I love Ava so much, its hard to imagine that things just keep getting more and more fun! She loves to play games and look at books. She also loves swimming. She is such a doll and I am so thankful I get to stay at home and spend everyday with her!

On the not so fun front, yesterday Ava was having a really hard time. When we got home from our friends house I realized she was burning up. I took her temp and it was 102.6! I immediately called the doctor and they got her an appointment for 10 minutes from them. We drove straight over and they told us she has an ear infection :( this is her first one since before her birthday. Looks like we are back on track for getting tubes. We just need to do it though.

We also learned yesterday that Ava weighs less than she did at 1 year. We will find out more tomorrow about that but I hope the doctor isn't too concerned. Ava isn't the greatest eater. I am trying harder to get her to eat regularly with lots of snacks. So far today I have offered her food every 2 1/2 hours and she's eaten a little each time so thats an improvement!

We took Ava to nursery in my mom's ward 2 weeks ago just for fun and I stayed with her. She had so much fun!! 3 more months and she will be in nursery! that will be crazy!

No comments: