Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Luckiest

I find it hard to put into words how much I love Ava. Every time I listen to the song "the luckiest" by Ben Folds, my heart gets full because that's how I feel about Ava (even though technically I know he didn't write that about his child).

I feel like I have made so many many mistakes in my life and somehow everything I've done has brought me to this moment. This moment where I'm a mom and Ava is my everything. I am the luckiest. I'm thankful for every mistake, every tear, every hardship I've had to face. Everything I've had to go through growing up has shaped me into a better person, for her.

This Mother's day I'm so thankful for my mom and for my future little mommy, Ava. I know she came first in our family for a reason. She loves other children and she already acts like a little mom at 1. I can't wait till she's a big sister.

No comments: