Sunday, June 13, 2010

In My Expert Opinion!!

Since being a mom of a 3 month old makes me an expert and all (totally kidding) I figured I would share some of my favorite and least favorite baby things we have used so far!

Diapers:

What we have tried: Pampers Baby Dry, Pampers Swaddlers, Huggies Snug and Dry, Huggies Pure and Natural, Huggies Snugglers, Seventh Generation, Parents Choice Walmart, Luvs

If money wasn't an issue: I would only use Huggies Pure and Natural on Ava!! they are the best but at about 30 cents a diaper, thats a no go.

Because money is an issue: I am loving me some Luvs with the bear stretch tabs! I like the baby powder smell to them and they fit Ava wonderfully. At 15 cents a diaper they are much more practical for our budget.

What we hated: I didn't have a big problem with any of the other diapers other than the 7th generations and the Walmart diapers! They leaked horribly and I will never use them again.

Wipes:


What we have tried: Pampers Sensitives, Huggies Sensitives, Huggies Soft Skin with Shea Butter, Huggies Thick-n-clean, Walmart Parent Choice Sensitives

What we love: Since I can get so many Huggies wipes coupons, money isn't a big deal in this field so I buy what I love and thats the Huggies Soft Skin with Shea Butter!!! Again, totally love the scent and I love how thick these wipes are!

What we hated: I didn't have a big problem with any of the other huggies wipes, I didn't love the pampers sensitives but they were fine... I hated the Walmart Parent Choice one's however, they never stayed wet enough, always drying out and they are tiny, I go through so many more wipes when I use them.

Bottles:

What we have tried: Avent, Gerber Gentle Flow, Gerber Nursers, Gerber Nuks, Green to Grow

What we love: I love the Avents and we have a few but since money is kinda an issue again, I found that Gerber makes a copy cat Avent bottle called the Gentle Flow! I get 3 9oz bottles for 8$ (plus I use a coupon) so much cheaper than the 8 dollars a bottle the Avents usually run! Ava loves using these types of bottles!

What we hated: The Nuks!! HORRIBLE... well at least for refluxy Ava... bad investment only 13$ for 3 bottles but we bought 6 plus different speed nipples.. oh well maybe next baby will use them.

Pacifiers:

What we have tried: Possibly ever pacifier out there...

What we love: Ava only loves 2 different pacifiers. One is a no name pacifier that you can get at Babies R Us with your babies name on it and the 2nd is any 6-18 month Avent pacifier! She hates all other pacifiers.

What we hated: All the other pacifiers we bought that she doesn't like, especially the itty bitty sized ones... she has always liked the huge pacifiers.

Other things I love and couldn't live without:

Our Graco Snugride 32! Perfect carseat for us (even if people do think she is a boy because its blue)

The stroller that goes with the carseat! Adore it.

Ava's swing was a god send! Its the Fisher Price Starlight swing! Ava LOVES it!

Bath sling thingy... super cheap and way less space than a baby tub!!

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

You are more of an expert than me so this is very useful information for a me. Thanks!!