Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ava's Baby Blessing

Today was a really special day for us. Not only was it Ava's blessing, it has been exactly 1 year since Dan and I went through the Temple. That was such a special day and I will never forget it. It made today even more special that we could bless Ava today. I remember thinking about our future children when we went through the Temple, I remember wondering when and if we would have our first child. It's still hard to believe that she is here after all that has happened in our lives.

We had so many people come support our little family, it was great to share this day with them. Dan did such a good job and I am thankful for the priesthood that he holds so that he could bless Ava. I have spent the last week or so worrying about if she would stay calm or not during church. I just wanted her to be calm during her blessing because she can be really fiesty when she is not. Church started at 11 and somehow she fell asleep at 10:15 and stayed asleep till 12:30 when we got home! I was so happy that she slept through pictures, the blessing and all of sacrament meeting.

Also I ran into a friend of my mom's, Leslie San Diego. Dan and I were married on her 50th anniversary in 2008. Well when I saw her today I showed her Ava and she thanked me for sending her Ava's birth announcement and then told me that when she received it she could hardly believe that Ava was born on March 15th! I asked her why and she told me that her first child was born on March 15th as well! What are the odds we get married on the same day and have our first child on the same day as they did. If we can be as happy as they are after nearly 52 years, I will gladly keep following their path in life! She did inform me that we need to have our 2nd child in 2 years on February 18th and then our 3rd a year after that on March 22nd! haha
4 generations of Kempton Women!

No comments: