Tuesday, February 26, 2008

As the table turns

So no fun stamps for us on our wedding invitations. We are planning on sending our invites out on the 19th or so of May (somewhere around then) and the stamp price changes to 42 cents on the 12th! So I don't know if their will be any nice 42 cent stamps that week. I was going to buy 41 cent ones but I don't want to stick 1 cent stamps all over.

So whatever!

Mary Dempsey helped me figure out finally what I am doing for my centerpieces. She guided my mental ideas and encouraged me to look for an interesting red vase and I found these fantastic hand blown blood red vases that are about 12 inches tall... They have a small opening at the top and are the perfect fit for my three flowers!

They will go on top of mirrors which will go on top of our red square toppers... So the same flowers from the last post will be the 3 flowers in each of the vases.

We finally settled on doing some flowers for the bridesmaids to hold and I ordered my flowers from Cactus Flowers in Tempe. My sister in law Kate used them for her wedding. I am so excited!

We finally have found enough Christmas lights for our reception. We did not buy enough right after Christmas and found it near impossible to find them off season, but thanks to posting my need on Craigs List, a very nice old retired man had 60 boxes of lights unopened that he had gotten from Lowe's after Christmas and was willing to part with them for below what we found them in December! I am very thankful to him!

So my original ideas have changed over the last 4 months and we have 4 months to go until our wedding! But hey, I figure my ideas can't change too much anymore now that we have actually purchased a lot of the items we will need!

5 comments:

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

You might try looking for stamps on the Post office website. I found some really pretty flower ones. Actually they almost match the flowers you are using for the wedding.

They are called Beautiful Blooms. I'm sure they will have the new postage ammount when it changes.

Just an idea

Brittany Calkins said...

Those were the ones I wanted to buy! I think Ill wait it out and see if they make them in 42 cents that first week... I know that week will probably be crazy for them, so glad we are choosing to send our invites out then! ugh lol

RedFeather said...

How did I miss this post? Hehe. Do you need the mirrors or did you already get them? I still have the ones from our wedding somewhere...

Brittany Calkins said...

What shape are your mirrors!!!?!?!?

mairzy said...

YAY I HELPED!!! :-)