Thursday, September 16, 2010

6 Months Old

As of today Ava is closer to her 1st birthday then the day she was born. Its official, time will never slow down.

We have put away a lot of Ava's baby things this month. Her swing, her bouncer chair, a HUGE tub of clothes, baby towels, socks, shoes, etc. I am no where near ready for a 2nd baby but most of Ava's baby clothes look brand new. Only a few outfits were worn enough to even look a tad worn. So cross my fingers we will be able to use these clothes again someday. If we ever have a boy I am going to buy FAR less outfits that are smaller than 12 month size!

Anyway Ava is starting to feel better. She has gone to the Dr twice about her ear infection and cold and I think the new medicine she is on is actually helping this time. Our little sweetie weighed exactly 20 pounds yesterday at her appointment! She is in the 98th percentile for weight. The nurse measured Ava's height and then put it in the computer with a response of "well that can't be right" I asked what was wrong and she replied "her height is off the chart, I must have measured her wrong" I reassured her that she was right but she measured again to see for herself, and yes Ava is 28 1/2 inches which is the 99.9th percentile. She's tall, whats new.

Anyway Ava is such a happy girl, even when she is sick! She is moving everywhere now, either by rolling or army crawling. She gets on her knees and tries to crawl that way but it usually ends up looking like she is break dancing. She sits like a pro now and doesn't have to use her arms to hold her up. She is no where near having teeth and doesn't seem ready to say any words yet.

We are taking a trip to AZ in 2 weeks or so! We will be there for about 2 weeks as well. I am so excited but I wish Dan could come with us. I am sure he won't mind being a bachelor for a few weeks but he won't have a car. I'm going to have to make the drive alone but thankfully I only have to do 6 hours at a time and can stay in Vegas with our cousin.

Anyway here are some pictures from yesterday! Ava's half birthday and my father in law, Marks, birthday!




3 comments:

yourstrulydear said...

she is absolutely adorable ♥

alyssa said...

I love that she is off the charts tall... our kids are going to be off the charts short and will probably fit in 12 month clothes until they're 2. Get that girl in to volleyball or basketball! :)

The Halladays said...

Love Baby Ava! Hope you and Dan have fun celebrating today!