Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ava's 1st Steps!

Ava took her very first steps yesterday! 2 to be exact! I always thought kids walked by 1... nope not Ava. I then found out its totally normal for them not to walk till even as much as 18 months... OH so not okay. Ava weighs about 28 pounds and it really really hurts my back to carry her around all the time.

Ava is pretty timid about standing on her own. She has only been doing it for a little while. She will let go of things and stand there for a minute or so, maybe. Yesterday we gave her Grandma's phone to play with and while she was playing with it and standing there she took 2 steps towards me! I started screaming I was so excited, and of course my mom started crying!

The day before Ava was sitting on the floor playing with a toy carrot. She started picking pretend pieces of off it and eating them while saying "yumm" both my mom and I started crying on that one. I could not believe she was old enough to pretend like that! It was so cute.

Speaking of being around my mom, we made a quick impromptu trip to see family here in AZ. I was having a hard time thinking that it would have been 5 months between visits if we waited till the end of May so I couldn't do it. I had to come for Easter.

Ava has been having so much fun here in AZ. She has a lot more room to play and lots of people to see! She went swimming in a baby pool for the first time and LOVED it. We will have to do that more when it warms up in Utah. She also went to the Phoenix Zoo for the first time! Thanks Aunt Kate and Uncle Kirk :)

I think we will be staying another week here, so we look forward to seeing people and 'enjoying' the heat. I will say, I have become accustom to Utah weather and AZ is SOOO hot to me now!

No comments: